The equator is an imaginary line like a belt that runs around the middle of the Earth halfway between the North Pole and South Pole. The equator runs through the top of South America, through the middle of Africa and then Indonesia and north of New Guinea.
Get Dogster in Your Inbox!
Lines of longitude are also called meridians. Zero degrees longitude is a line which runs from the North pole to the South Pole and goes through Greenwich in London, England.
This is also known as the Prime Meridian. Filter result by type: Articles Images Media.
- Sangre de Pepperoni: Una novela inspirada en hechos reales (Spanish Edition).
- More desktop wallpapers:.
- Growing Up, Growing Old: Chronicle of an Ordinary Life!
Upload to this page Add your photos, text, videos, etc. What are Latitude and Longitude? Latitude and Longitude lines. The Equator at Zero Degrees Latitude. You are using an outdated browser.protolab.ru/misc/1467.php
Where is zero degrees longitude on Mars?
Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security. Greenwich meridian. Article Media.
Info Print Cite. Submit Feedback. Thank you for your feedback.
Zero Degrees — Charles W. J. Withers | Harvard University Press
Greenwich meridian geography. See Article History. Learn More in these related Britannica articles:.
- The Lost Treasure of Annwn: Book 4 (The Adventures of Jack Brenin).
- Navigation menu?
- The Price of Pleasure (Siren Publishing Classic);
- A Guide To Influence(rs), 2013 Edition!
- Les foulards rouges suivi du Voleur de vent (Romans historiques) (French Edition).
- Latitude and Longitude!
Related Longitude; Zero Degrees
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved